Friday 3 May 2013

Cut and Sort Series

It's been a while since I've posted - I've been so busy enjoying my school holidays that blogging has fallen by the wayside a bit. 

I've had a relaxing holiday mostly, a bit of shopping for the classroom (and for me), catching up with friends for brekkie and lunch and I've lounged around reading four books.  I even managed to spend a bit of time tidying out some cupboards in the kitchen and outside catching up on weeding the garden!  A pretty well rounded holiday I think.

Of course, I've also spent some time working on my new TPT products.  I'm in the process of putting together a series of booklets to use during my literacy sessions. The first one I've finished is the Medial Sounds Cut and Sort Booklet.


I've worked a bit backwards, obviously in my Kindy classroom I'll be starting off with beginning sounds and then moving on to ending sounds before going to medial ones but this is just the way it panned out.  I'm hoping to have the other two booklet packages up in the next few days, in time for the Teacher Appreciation sale on TPT!

I'll be using the beginning sounds booklet this term.  We'll be cutting out the pictures in our fine motor skills activity time first thing in the morning and then later on in the day we'll be doing the sorting and gluing activity during our literacy centres.

This activity will be a consolidating one as we will also be doing this activity with objects beforehand, sorting them into hoops or having Mr Monster chomp the objects beginning with a particular sound.


I'm curious, what sort of activities do you do with your students to help them hear the sounds within words?

 

No comments: